Fri, 20 Aug|
Grey Street Hotel - Monument Suite
RTS - 48 Hour Film Event with Newcastle Film Club
Join members of Newcastle Film Club as we make a short film in 48 hours!
Time & Location
20 Aug 2021, 18:00 – 22 Aug 2021, 20:00
Grey Street Hotel - Monument Suite, 2-12 Grey St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6EE, UK
About the Event
Newcastle Film Club is gathering a team of cast and crew for the Royal Television Society's 48 Hour Film Event.
WE NEED YOU! Come along and help us write, shoot and edit the film in 48 hours.
On Friday, RTS will be giving us the title of our film along with any other requirments that will be needed for our film (such as if we need to include a certain line of dialouge, prop, etc.). Once we have our requirements, we get to writing!
Saturday is all about shooting! This is the day we'll need our CAST and actors within the North East! However, we do encourage cast to attend the Friday kick off meeting so that you can join in the script writing process!
Sunday is the day we finish the film! The editor will be working to take everything we shot Saturday and turning that into a finished 3 minute short film. The film itself is due to RTS by 7 pm, and we'll have a small wrap party to celebrate and watch what we made together.
All locations for this event will be within the city centre or within walking / bus distance to city centre.
See the Schedule Section for a detailed breakdown of the weekend.
COVID PROTOCOL: To ensure we have safe sets throughout the weekend, we are asking those who are wanting to participate in this event to:
- Cast & Crew will need to take Rapid Lateral Flow tests on Friday and Saturday morning to ensure they do not have COVID-19. Grab your FREE lateral flow tests from the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/get-tested-for-coronavirus/
- Masks will be required & worn throughout the shoot.
- Social distancing will be observed throughout the shoot.
- During social events (kick off and wrap party) members are encouraged to abide by venue's COVID protocols.
- Hand sanitizer, wipes and masks will be available on set and throughout the event.
- Please do not attend if you show or have any symptoms of COVID-19.
Meet & Greet
Royal Television Society Zoom Kick Off
If you want to participate in this event as part of our film crew, get this ticket. If you also want to be an actor/actress in the film, let us know via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cast (Actor/Actress) Ticket
If you would like to participate in the 48 Hour Film as a cast member (actor / actress) please get this ticket. If you also want to be part of crew, let us know via email - email@example.com